Monday, February 1, 2010

Felt, crimper & brads: A Sketch!

Sorry I've been MIA since Wednesday! I enjoyed a wonderful weekend scrapbooking with my mom, sister and aunt this weekend (and spent a few days getting ready for that, plus volunteering and other stuff of course). We had so much fun and I got 12 pages done!

However, last night I had the pleasure of sitting down to make four cards for today's Clean & Simple challenge on SCS. For the challenge we were given a sketch... actually, we were given a card and told to use it for our sketch. For these two cards I simplified the sketch even more by only using one layer of cardstock and a few Felt Flowers attached with brads. I used the crimper for a bit of texture and for the horizontal line that was a big part of the sketch. Added a white sentiment and was done. Yes, they were fast and easy which is exactly why I got 4 cards done in a very short time frame.

The flowers on this first card are Baha Breeze and Old Olive on the Chocolate Chip cardbase. I also used silver brads from the Vintage brads. Sentiment on these first two is from Short & Sweet- an awesomely versatile set that is a must-have as far as I'm concerned!

These flowers are Rose Red and Pink Pirouette on the Chocolate base with white ink for the sentiment. Easy peasy!

Since I've been missing for so long I think I'll just show you the other two cards now and fill in the rest of the week with scrapbook layouts when I need to. Hopefully that means no more days off from blogging this week. I've missed you guys!

So this is actually the first card I did. You'll see later this week that it actually mimics a scrapbook layout I did (which, incidentally, was heavily influenced by a sample on the cover of the Simply Scrappin' Kit I used). The retired SS Kit I used is called Pina Colada. I adore the collection of patterns of paper in this kit, not to mention the galore of gorgeous adhesive die cut stickers! I can't wait to show you the pages I did with it. In fact, 10 of the 12 pages I completed this weekend were done with Simply Scrappin' Kits I believe!

Anyway, the sentiment on this one is from Vintage Vogue (pretend it isn't smudged a little, will ya please?!) I used the butterfly punch and an old Old Olive polytwill ribbon.
And finally, a single layer sympathy card. This was the second card I made and I wanted to go as different as I could from the bright summery butterfly card. I was hoping to use a soothing netural color palette and elegant style. Vintage Vogue is a good stamp set for accomplishing that look I think. Plus the colors Soft Suede, Kraft and Whisper White help too. Accessories I used here are a Latte button, Kraft Taffeta ribbon and the Modern Label punch in vellum cardstock. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Thanks for waiting patiently for me and especially for visiting today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies listed above in the description.

8 comments:

  1. I love the crimped cards. So crisp and clean! You make it look so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so clean & so very pretty! How did you manage to keep the crimping so straight? I always manage to get a crooked piece. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW LOVE these CAS cards...They are all sooooo GORGEOUS!!!! You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards for the CAS today, Kristin! I love the felt and crimper. Thanks for reminding me to use them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the crimped, felt flowers with pink one! AWESOME interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, so I only saw the butterfly card on SCS, BUT WOW!!!! these other 3 are just beautiful! love the crimping and those felt flowers-that chocolate one is my FAVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness. This was all worth the wait.
    My jaw hit the floor when that first picture loaded, I am so in love with these cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)