Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wahoo!!


You ever finish a card and are so excited because it either came together really easy, or you just adore the colors or everything is just so YOU about it?? That's what I just did. I've got some deadlines coming up for big swaps so I challenged myself to a 30-minute-or-less card today and this is what I came up with! You may think I cheated by using a sketch challenge, color challenge and Ways to Use It challenge but I don't! Hey, we do what we can. Besides, I really like these colors together (Rose Red, More Mustard & Kiwi Kiss) and the sketch is awesome I think, plus if you know me well you may know that I've always LOVED stripes (on cards anyway)!

The fun part is I not only embossed, but also used the Big Shot, great accessories and enjoyed some older stamps that I hadn't used in a while! All that and it was still fast! The large white brad in the center of the felt flower is NEW! They are the 5/16" jumbo brads in neutrals- FUN!

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to be able to share my swap cards with you- I designed them last night and I really like them. They won't be posted here until the due date probably, which is Feb. 27th- sorry for the wait!
~Kristin


Stampin' Up! Supplies

Stamps: Curvy Verses (isn't that just the most versatile sentiment set?!!), Polka Dot background, Simple Stripes background (very retired)

Cardstock: Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard, Whisper White

Accessories: White EP, Felt Fusion, scallop border punch, Big SHot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 5/16" brad, earth elements brads

3 comments:

  1. I really like this card.
    It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this rocks! love when it all just comes together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this card!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)