Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Little Things

As you have probably noticed since my last post was up for over a week, I have a new niece. I really wanted to go all out on the perfect baby card to send my sister and brother-in-law... but this card took me several days to pull together. I can't believe how my creativity declines when I've taken some time off from stamping! Well I finally got it done and I'm pretty happy with it. The sketch I used is the FTL97 from the Clean & Simple blog that I enjoy checking out periodically.

I finally put my new embossing folder to use and really like it. Now I can't wait to get the other new one in the new catalog! I'm sure you noticed the cork butterflies. That was fun! I had a scrap of cork laying nearby and on a whim grabbed it to see if I could use my Bigz Butterfly die with it- worked great. Then I decided I needed to more smaller butterflies so tried the Beautiful Wings embosslit. I ran it through twice and it cut also (although not quite as well as the die).

Can you see the Fine Flourish stamped in Pretty in Pink craft ink on the Razzleberry layer?? I liked that so much I decided to use it on the inside as well (below). The Pink Pirouette layer and cork butterflies are spritzed with my vanilla Smooch Spray so are sparkly in person.

Here's the inside shot. Fine Flourish with Pretty in Pink craft ink and sentiment punched out with the wide oval punch. You'll probably notice my imperfect white scallops behind the sentiment. I tried using the oval scallop punch (in three pieces) to layer and was only somewhat successful.

Anyway, I it's worth the wait. I enjoyed the AC today and made two more cards as well. I'll be back with those on Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get my Diva card done so you are enticed to play along!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Fine Flourish, In My Thoughts
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, cork, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Bigz Butterfly Die, Modern Label punch, wide oval punch, scallop oval punch, square rhinestone brad, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, wide pink organdy ribbon

2 comments:

  1. oh, great! now I MUST have that embossing folder. love this card. the colors are perfect and those cork butterflies-ack! LOVE 'em !

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I LOVE the texture, colors, and the cork!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)