Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Only Sunshine

I loved singing that song to my kids when they were little.  I'd rock them to sleep and sing You are My Sunshine over and over again.  Then one day my aunt taught me the second verse ("The other night dear, while I was sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms.  But when I woke up I was mistaken so I hung my head and cried")  When I sang that verse to them they suddenly made me stop singing it and didn't like that song anymore- still don't.  Too sad I guess. 

Anyway, I still like that saying "You are my sunshine" and had to use it on this card.  This is for today's Diva sketch which I really like!  I kept it pretty literal other than the banner style sentiment which I just hand cut.  Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by.  Now why don't you go check out the other Diva's samples then play along with us! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Aviary, sentiment from Something Sweet
Colors: Daffodil Delight, Craft, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Greenhouse Gala DSP, Antique Brads, Old Olive narrow ribbon, scallop border punch, markers

5 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! Really like that DP with this. So pretty and "sunny" looking.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! You have such great ideas for that Aviary set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin this is sweet, what a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow! Cheery card!! The birdie is so cute too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)