Monday, November 15, 2010

Elegant Christmas


This week's PPA challenge is to find inspiration in the given photo for a card of your own.  To me the photo (which, once again Blogger will not allowe me to include) is elegant and refined and I noticed the lovely color combo of plum, gold and vanilla and white.  I tried to mimic both the feel and the colors in this Christmas card.  Also, the Just Add Ink challenge theme this week is Christmas.

The shimmery white cardstock layer was embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folder then punched through with the ornament punch.  The Rich Razzleberry layer was also punched with the ornament punch.  I added a snowflake and gold glimmer brad on the inside to show through the ornament "window".  My final details were added with some white organza ribbon, narrow Rich Razzleberry ribbon, gold cord and some gold embossing powder.  The gold embossing powder was easy to apply just in specific areas by using the fine tip of the Versamarker!

My photo isn't the best, although I tried believe me, but the shimmer is really pretty in real life. 

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you are staying warm wherever you are!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: All Holidays (embossed in gold inside)
Colors:  Rich Razzleberry, Shimmery White, gold
Accessories:  Big Shot, ornament punch, Elegant Lines embossing folder, Merry Details Sizzlit, white organza ribbon, gold cord, Rich Razzleberry narrow ribbon, versamarker, gold embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the punched effect for the ornament!Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the gold embossing! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card ... love the ornament! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time photographing cards with shimmer, too . . . however, yours is simply beautiful. Love the splash of glimmer. Congrats on being a PPA Pick. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. Love the gold embossing and the punched window. Congrats on the PPA Pick of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being a PPA Pick this week! Your card was absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)