Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy we've got some white stuff outside and even for Ohio this is crazy weather!  We hit almost 80 degrees last week.  Thank goodness we got most of our yard work done although my ferns are still hanging on the front porch looking pathetic. 
 
Since snow makes us think Christmas I might as well share these two Christmas cards I made the other day.  These little "inchies" were laying on my desk from previous projects so I couldn't let them go to waste.  Added them to the Apothecary Accent Framelit that I hadn't used yet then decided to layer the whole piece on this Embossed Holiday Frame.  I don't do much white on white layering, but I think I like the clean look.  What about you?  Finishing touches include a Mini silver brad and two regular sized silver brads, along with some dotted scallop ribbon which I tried like the dickens to tie in a bow but it just didn't work out. 



Here are more little inchie squares I had left over so made this one very quickly! 
 

 And here is the inside using the one pattern that didn't lend itself to a 1" square.  The paper is called Be of Good Cheer DSP.

And finally, a peek outside my backdoor.  It is supposed to change to rain soon so thought I'd take a picture before it is all gone.  We are all happy to have a day off from school today thanks to Sandy!

Have a great day!  Safe and warm wishes to our friends on the East coast being affected by the hurricane and her after effects! 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Joyous Celebrations, Many Merry Messages
Colors:  Very Vanilla, Soft Suede,  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Accessories:  Big Shot, Holiday Frame Embossing folder, square punch, postage stamp punch, silver brads, Cherry Cobbler scalloped dotted ribbon, Apothecary Accents Framelits, small oval punch, Be of Good Cheer DSP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)