Friday, June 13, 2008

Back on track?!??

After a significant break I am finally back to scrappin' ~I HOPE~!! I did 2 pages last month and 2 this month so far. I must give credit to Lisa Henke for motivating me with her gorgeous pages that she so often posts on her blog! She is an awesome scrapper- I only wish I lived closer so we could get together!


I apologize in advance for the ho-hum photo quality. This first layout (I almost always do 2 page spreads) was put off for a long time because none of the pics are great but I didn't want to skip my son's first Preschool Program. Anyway, I like how it turned out... just wish I had a better camera! I used some chipboard my friend Nicky gave me so I'm unsure of the brand, but everything else is from SU! The paper is the retired Wintergreen pack from last year, and I also used Build-a-Brads and current ribbon. On the left hand page I have a hidden journaling tag with names behind the photo, and on the right hand side the program they handed out is tucked behind the panel of decorative paper (you can see a bit of the edge sticking out on the inside edge). The jumbo Snowflake was in the last Holiday Mini as well and I'm crossing my fingers that it will make the new catty in August!

The journaling on this reads "Was it stage fright or just plain old ornery-ness?? DS & DS's BFF were front & center at their Christmas Program. CUTE! For DS, sittintg on Santa's lap definitely took nerve!" My journaling is short and fragmented but that's what happens when you're 4 years behind! :)


This layout was not a favorite, to say the least. Actually it's just the very dated embellishments that I used. I have hung on to this title boxes with coordinating decorative strips for so long I couldn't bare to NOT use it now that I'm finally getting to school stuff!! Anyone with me? I know most people would have thrown them away, but I just thought "This feels like a challenge, make a decent looking page with dated embellishments". I dont' know if I succeeded but it is done and staying in the album! I only used a few SU materials, the brads and the Summer Picnic paper. I don't have a clue where the rest came from (my memory isn't THAT GOOD!)
Journaling reads: "The annual Grandparent Potluck was DS's chance to show us his fun preschool classroom and introduce his teachers to his family! DD enjoyed playing in the classroom as well."

Thanks for stoppin' by and for baring with my pages seemingly from the early 90's!!


3 comments:

  1. I'm with you about not throwing old stuff out! I have so much stuff that I feel like I HAVE to use it or share it with someone or SOMETHING!!! I'm so glad you're doing 2 page layouts!!! I make 2 page layouts 99% of the time and get frustrated when I can't take a one page layout idea and turn it into 2.
    I'm 3 years behind so I have promised myself to get on the ball too!! I will continue checking in everyday to see what you've done (and what I can CASE!! haha)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages, Kristin. I'm glad I helped motivate you and thanks for the sweet compliment (you're making me blush). I love how you used the cirlces to highlight the kids in the first layout. BTW, I wish we lived closer too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)