Friday, June 27, 2008

Has it been a WEEK already?!?

Well, you know my excuse- too busy! Our final baseball game is tonight (tournament finals) and then we'll be going camping nearly all next week so I can't say things will get much better around here (SORRY!). I did, however, complete a scrapbook page last night, just one, after our ball game got rained out. I am starting a brand new album for my son since his last one is totally full and I was at the end of a year. This is the first page in his next album. Unfortunately, the pictures weren't all that great (pretty crummy in fact) so I came up with a way to still save the memory for him but not focus on a bunch of dark blurry pictures: A Pocket!

The bottom half of the page is a pocket with a handful of the best crummy pictures I could find all matted and labeled with a tab. The paper is something old from my stash (and I mean OLD!) and there is absolutely NO STAMPING on this page- a rarity for me! All the solid cardstock is from SU as well as the black brads everywhere and the tab and star punches. By the way, the pocket idea is a hit with my kids. They've both been really interested in checking out this page today!! I guess interactive pages are where it's at!

The journaling is on a pennant that I made to replicate the look from the patterned paper, and it says "Just for fun in the winter we like to have our very own Family Fun Night! We play hot potato, follow-the-leader, basketball etc. No wonder you 2 think it's dad's gym!"

1 comment:

  1. I love this page! I love the pull outs of the pics and the journaling spot is excellent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)