Monday, August 11, 2008

Can you stand one more?

That is, one more card using this stamp set? I promise tomorrow I will attempt to work with one of my other new sets!

I suppose I should mention up front that this card was made with a variety of Stampin' Up! products that are no longer available. Specifically, the French Script background stamp, Metallic Art Pencils, Happiness Rub-ons (SAB '08) and the wide organdy ribbon.

The good news is they've been paired up with currently available things like the Whisper White craft ink, Night of Navy cardstock, Stampin' Pastels (chalks) and versamark as well as the BRAND NEW Kiwi Kiss In Color paper and this beautiful stamp from Inspired by Nature.

From what I understand, this technique might be called the "Chalkboard" technique. To accomplish this just stamp an image with white craft ink (I suppose any craft ink might do??) then apply chalk to the stamped image. In this case I used cotton balls, but I imagine sponge daubers would work among other things. I used multiple colors to come up with the shades and tones seen here, including (for the first time, possibly?) the white chalk that is included. The white is also on the edges of the navy for a more dreamy appearance.

Next I used the metallic art pencils to add some extra definition and a bit of luster if you turn the card just so. I love how that turned out! Finally, I stamped the French Script background with versamark which actually pulled some of the chalk off leaving the script visible on the flowers- how cool is that?!? And totally unplanned! I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, at least that's what my dad likes to say.

My kiddos will be heading back to school on Thursday already, and I have tons of projects floating around in my head that I can't wait to try. Hopefully I'll be accomplishing some of those and able to post them soon. In the mean time, happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. love this technique (did it myself yesterday) and you made it look wonderful! great colors and blending. just fantastic, Kristin. BTW, love the new pic for your SCS avatar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I am loving this new stamp set! Great card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty, Kristin! I'm loving all of your Inspired by Nature cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)