Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Color Inspiration!



So have you checked out the beautiful new Designer Series Papers in the new Idea Book & Catalog?? SU has really gone all out to find gorgeous color combinations and variety- I am in love! So one of my favorites is the Manchester series on page 170. This collection features Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Kraft and Very Vanilla!! Ooh la la! So I had to use this color combination on a few cards while waiting for my order of goodies to come in!

The card itself was inspired by this stunning swap I received at Convention from my Great Swap buddy, Leann Greff (flowerbugnd). She completely blew me away with this card and how difficult and time consuming it looked, especially since she made at least 12 of them for our swap! Well, now that I've made one I realized, aside from choosing just the right stamp and doing some measuring and scoring, this card isn't that difficult at all. So I tried it yesterday and was very happy with the results. Check it out... First is the closed version... then the open version.

I love this idea because the recipient of this card can display it and enjoy it for as long as they'd like and it is so interactive and enjoyable to look at (at least I felt that way!). My DH says that most people won't know to pull off the belly band at the bottom so won't realize that it opens. I told him I won't send it to "most people"- only the ones that "get it" (or that I can call, like my mom & dad, and say- hey, don't forget to pull off the band at the bottom). Don't ask me where to write on these because that just isn't the point :)
Well, if you love these colors together as much as I do then be sure to stop back tomorrow; I've got another for you!
SU! Supplies
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Kraft, Baha Breeze, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Baha Breeze (stamped off at times), Always Artichoke
Accessories: Rhinestone brad, Library clip (yes, these are available now!), small oval punch, square punches, paper piercing tools, crimper, kraft taffeta ribbon, sponge

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the morning chuckle, Kristin. Actually, I guess I should thank, Chuck. Tim says that to me all the time about interactive cards. You had a great come-back. I LOVE your card. and yes, those colors are fabulous together. I haven't tried that combo yet, but I think I will now! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Kristin! I've been wanting to CASE LeeAnn's accordian card, too. It's such a cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your version Kristin! That stamp set is perfect for this card - great color combo - WOW!

    LeeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab. card!! Also love the colors you used. Totally hear you about giving this card to someone with the knowhow!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I still need to try one of these! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I just became a SU demo. I am so excited and waiting for my kit to arrive. Anyway, I came across the card and just love it. I would like to try my hand at this card, but could you send me the dimensions that you used on this card. My email is goldengreeek@yahoo.com. Thank you from a newbie.
    Robin S. (colorado, also a taurus)..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! And I think I will sign my greeting on the back. Don't you think that would work and it will encourge them to pull of the band to read what you wrote! That kills two birds!
    Thanks for sharing just wonderful!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)