Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sketch Challenge for the Divas

Guess what... its time for another Diva challenge- this week it is a sketch challenge again. This sketch is wide open to so many possibilities! I had multiple ideas but with me one thing always leads to another and I end up someplace I had no intentions of going. LOL!

Anyway, I started out digging for a piece of glossy white cardstock and found a large piece I'd done some technique on a long time ago- I don't even remember just how it was done, but might have included reinkers and alcohol and cotton balls, but I could be wrong. I stamped the Medallion background on this piece in chocolate craft ink then embossed it in clear powder. Then I used the large square punch to punch out various sections.

The rest is pretty self-explanatory I think. I embossed the sentiment also, which is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. The Medallion is also stamped once on the background in Versamark.

Hope you like it, and please go visit our Diva blog so you can see other great examples of this sketch and also play along!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin


SUO Supplies
Stamps: Medallion background, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Colors: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red
Accessories: Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, Square Fire Rhinestone brads, Clear EP, Square punch

ETA: I think I found it... the technique I'm fairly certain I used to make the glossy paper have those gorgeous swirls of color was the Ink, Spray, Smash technique (I actually found it by searching on the word "smash" because I vaguely remember doing that!) If I remember correctly you end up with two or more pieces of paper, but only one of mine was that pretty, the other was kind of ho-hum. Anyway, hope that helps!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Kristin, this is gorgeous! The nuances of color are amazing, and I love the way you used the image on the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gasped when I saw this. wow! seriously, a gorgeous card. that medallion looks awesome punched out in squares and flipped around a bit. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin your card is just beautiful. I wish you could remember how you did the large Medallion, what technique I mean. I really love your card. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart, you KNOW how I love this card! It does look a little like polished stone, but with that Medallion stamp over top, it is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing this with us! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. I love the colors as well as your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use the Medallion stamp. This is so great and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I love this card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)