Monday, April 19, 2010

Where's Honey??

The first day of school for her brother started as a normal day, but when we took him to the school after lunch and drove home without him my daughter got so upset. At first I couldn't tell what was bothering her... until she started asking "Where's Honey?" (that was her way of saying Hunter at just under 2). I loved these different faces she made and her sitting under the tree waiting for the bus to drop her Honey off so just had to scrap it. These papers are from the Designer Series called Urban Oasis. Also on this page are a vellum Top Note, some Kiwi ribbon, and some chipboard. I'll list the rest of the supplies in the supply list at the end.
These pictures are not from the same day (or month even) so to help them look good side by side I used the same DSP and color scheme with the exception of some Melon Mambo in there to help highlight the picture of just her. I've noticed this weekend that I went without titles on a few occasions and am just fine with that. It eliminates the pressure of choosing the perfect words, plus helps indirectly state that this is just an ordinary day in the Moore household, not an extraordinary event.

So those are my Scrappin' Tips for today: Not enough pics for a 2-page spread? No worries, just subtly tie them together using a similar color scheme or even coordinating papers. Tip #2: It's OK to leave the title off if you want!

In case you hadn't noticed, this pages utilizes the Beautiful Wings and Big Bold Butterfly embosslit and die respectively. Hope you like it!
~Kristin

PS- The large circle on the top page was done by tracing a plate with pencil then cutting it with the craft knife. Easy! This is my second post for today so scroll down to see another layout!

SUO Supplies:
Paper: Urban Oasis DSP, Melon Mambo, vellum, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Gray, Baha Breeze
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Big Bold Butterfly die, Top Note die, chipboard, Modern Label punch, Old Olive and Melon Mambo markers, Scallop Circles Die #2.

2 comments:

  1. oooo, I love these too! that first layout is awesome! great papers, and just really great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet! I love the sweet story on where's honey? Both of these layouts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)