Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stamped My Heart Out!

It's been way too long- too much time away from stamping... so when I sat down to create for an upcoming workshop (after borrowing TONS of mini catalog stuff from my downline Jen, thanks Jen!) I couldn't stop!  I stamped off and on for three days I think.  Of course there were several interruptions since my hubby is out of town but I got seven cards done!!  Here are the first two I'm showing you. 

This first one was done with the new Sale-a-Bration set called Punch Bunch as well as some of the Ice Cream Parlor DSP .  I also tried a new technique out that I learned on Stampin' 411 called Embossed Backgrounds.  Do you see the embossed arrows?  Those were punched with the My Way arrow punch then ran through the Big Shot as shown on the awesome tutorial.  I LOVE to dry emboss with the Big Shot and this opens up fabulous new possibilities limited only by your punch and die cut selections!  Stay tuned, I'll show you another card using this technique on Wednesday for Diva Day!  The sketch for this card is from Pals Paper Arts- PPA81.

Here is another card that is very closely inspired by one in the Stampin' Success magazine that SU Demos get each month.  It is full of fantastic articles and samples to keep us inspired!  See that tiny delicate scallop at the top and bottom??  I used the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border punch that I thought I could live without and now know I can't! 

I hope you like these.  I'll be sure to be back with more.  Tuesday I'll show you the projects my ladies did at the workshop I'm having tomorrow! 

Have a great day!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Card 1: 
Stamps- Punch Bunch
Colors- Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories- My Way punch, Big Shot, circle punches, owl punch, scallop square punch

Card 2:
Stamps- I {Heart} Hearts
Colors: River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist
Accessories: Heart to Heart punch, Basic Pearls, Marina Mist narrow ribbon, large heart punch, Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border punch

7 comments:

  1. these are sooo wonderful Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those embossed arrows - great technique! Very cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you're back in your crafting groove. Lovely cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards and layouts. I love the embossed arrows. I'm your newest follower via the SC discussion. I'm #344 on the list. Thanks for sharing.
    Carrie Sampsel
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo, great cards! Love the layout of the first one (those arrows are cool) and the blues in the second one....beautiful! I do miss my SS magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are adorable. Love the way all of the color pops against the Basic Gray in your card for PPA. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your embossing came out great!! Very eye catching! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)