Friday, June 22, 2012

Non-Artisan Award Winner...



Yes, I'm a little bummed to have not gotten a call yesterday about the Stampin' Up! Artisan Award contest for demonstrators to be on SU's Design Team for the coming year.  However, the upside is I can show you all my projects now.  Unfortunately I won't get any of them back.  Here is a picture of the group of them.  Over the next few days I'll show them to you individually so you can see the details.  Which would you like to see next? 
This card was one of my favorites.  It is so me- very earthy and natural, just my style.  I also love that shade of blue (I think it was Marina Mist) paired with River Rock and Always Artichoke.  This now-retired stamp set will go down as an all time favorite of mine, Inspired by Nature.  I used the Adorning Accents Edgelit to make the "frame" for the flowers, then punched a 3/4" circle in it to showcase the Antique Brad with the jewelry tag sentiment. 

I didn't get a picture of the inside but I mimicked the River Rock piece and left it blank for writing a note. 

I think this was the best sample of my style because it is somewhat clean & simple, with a few unexpected details.  I hope you like it better than the SU judges did.  LOL! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Inspired By Nature, Pennant Parade ("Love")
Colors:  Marina Mist, River Rock, Always Artichoke
Accessories:  Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelit, 3/4" circle punch, Antique Brad, Jewelry tag

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects!!! They all look like winners to me! The clock you made from an album is very creative...love it! I can share in your disappointment...as I didn't receive a call either...but like you said, at least we have some great projects to share on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristin

    First of all, I'm sorry you didn't make the finalist. I've been a fan of your work for a while, so I do like your style and projects!

    That record clock is very very cool! Can't wait to see a close-up pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No words for how you are feeling but I am so impressed with these projects! The card is unique and beautiful! I look forward to seeing all of them up close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty designe and colors! Looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine that the judges didn't also appreciate the beauty of the card...goodness only knows what they must have been looking for! I know that I think this is just beautiful and I can't think of anything about it that could be improved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)