Monday, July 6, 2009

Whale Wishes- Another catty inspired design!

Well, this is a loose CASE at best, but I sure liked the card on the bottom of page 107! (Same page my DD copied yesterday.) Obviously mine is a different color scheme and uses totally different stamps, so the only thing I really copied is the design concept. First stamped the whale from Pun Fun (what a fun set!) on the white and also on a pattern of Almost Amethyst from Tea Party DSP, then I randomly stamped images from Circle Circus on a diagnal patern across the card.

I was experimenting with color combos, as usual, so this ended up with Almost Amethyst, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and the new Rich Razzleberry. Added in a few jumbo white brads and good to go. At some point while making this card I had the sinking feeling that it just wasn't going to work out... but I stuck with it and am reasonably pleased with the results- not a work of art, but worthy of sending I think.

The moral of the story is, when you're lacking inspiration go straight to the Stampin' Up! idea book and catalog- especially this newest edition- it is just full of stunning examples that are easy to use for inspiration (or exact copies if you're so inclined!).

Hope you are having a great day! I'll be home soon,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Pun Fun, Circle Circus
Colors: Almost Amethyst, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: Jumbo White brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. SOOO CUTE!! I really love all those circles!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! Love how you incorporated Circle Circus with the whale, darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)