Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So I had a workshop last night (first one in a while!) and wanted to make an extra special gift for my hostess Rosalie. My buddy Lisa Henke gave me an idea to check out this neato bag on Beate's blog. So I did and this is my version. Basically, take a paper bag (use a better quality than I did) and cut it down to the desired size, then decorate however you want. The sky is the limit!! I had so much fun doing this- feels good to do something dimensional sometimes! No, I didn't give her an empty bag. She got to keep the 4 samples I had that coordinated with it, plus the other samples and things she made. See my SCS gallery for these other projects.
Here is the backside just in case you are curious! :)
All Supplies are SU! Stamps: Boho Backgrounds & "Thank You" is from Spring Solitude; Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Berry Bliss; Accessories: Square, circle, 1/8" circle, slit and scallop punches. The handles are made with chocolate chip satin ribbon that is in the Theater Ribbon Originals collection and the strip of pomegranate polka dotted ribbon from the Sherbet Ribibon Originals. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, this is gorgeous! What a lucky hostess! Love the polka dot ribbon and scallops; they look like lace and that satin ribbon is to die for. I sure hope they have it in the new caty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)