Monday, March 31, 2008

Yippee for Metallic Art Pencils!



What, you don't have metallic art pencils? Well, I whipped mine out for stamp camp this past weekend and decided I love how they look on darker cardstock. My ladies enjoyed making this card Friday...

The stamped images and greeting are all from the same set called Embrace Life. They were stamped in basic gray (same as the paper) then colored in with the metallic art pencils. I just tried to choose shades that matched the barely banana and basic gray paper. Here the basic gray panel is two layers of the same color, with the top layer being outlined in a hand-drawn line with the pencils. The greeting is embossed in gold. The banana card is stamped with the Floral Background stamp in So Saffron.

Very simple, yet sophisitcated looking. The ribbon, sadly, is the retired wide organdy in ivory. Love that stuff! Thanks for looking!!

Supplies are all SU!
Stamps: Embrace Life, Floral Background
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron
Accessories: Metallic Art Pencils, Wide Organdy Ribbon (ivory) and gold EP.

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, I love the banana and basic gray together...beautiful! I have never tried the metallic pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)