Monday, March 3, 2008

Warning, I am TWO!


OK, well those of you who know me in person know that DD is actually 6 now and that I'm obviously 4 years behind in scrapbooking.... well, I'm OK with that. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I plan to pursue this hobby well into my nursing home years (yeah right?!) so I've got plenty of time and am thoroughly enjoying the journey!


Anyway, I completed this page over the weekend. The sketch was provided by Splitcoast as part of their frequent VSBN (Virtual ScrapBook night). Actually it's an entire weekend full of provided challenges to get your pages complete (and there is a lot of virtual "chatting" going on as well). Despite my best intentions this is the only page I got done this weekend.

Supplies: this is entirely SUO (Stampin' Up Only) except the stickers which make the title (not sure what they are) and the circle cutting system. It's the first time I've really played around with the new stamp set called It's a Sign. This page is Brocade Blue with accents in More Mustard and Night of Navy. I've also used a chipboard 2 which is stamped on with the road sign stamps, more mustard brads, the new My Way punch (for the mustard arrows) and I used the large square punch to make the navy arrow head (cut in half). Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this!! What a fabulous job you did on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Love the border and the angled arrow, the circle around the pic...it's all just fabulous! And don't get me started on "being behind" LOL! It's a hobby, not a job, enjoy it! You will be glad to have pics to scrap in a couple of years when they are not around so much for pics, and don't want them taken even when they are around! K...off my soap box. Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interesting layout on this page--great job! If it's any consolation, I'm farther behind than you are. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout and that smile! You're making me feel guilty about how far I am behind on my kids' scrapbooks. I'd be with you... year's behind :) Good job - steady and slow wins the race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)