Thursday, October 2, 2008

Christmas Card Winner!



In my book anyway. What I mean is, I've been designing Christmas cards lately for my upcoming Stamp-a-Stack (October 26th) and I finally have a "hit" after many "misses" (think battleship here). I think it's a hit anyway. It is simple, I love the slightly non-traditional color scheme and it features DSP, the Big Shot and embossing. Before you even think it, yes I know my sentiment is crooked. I was in a hurry, OK?!


Anyway, there is a very good chance of seeing this at my next event, even making a stack of them.

Better go, I've got several more to design... Not to mention the domino necklaces I'm trying to finish up for the craft fair so I can show you! I think I'm liking them... just need to have my mom show me how to finish them off so they look professionally done. She makes jewelry so she has all the tools and experience- I have none. Yes, my mom makes pillows (as mentioned before) and jewelry, she also makes scrapbooks and cards. And she asks me all the time "where'd you get your creative talent??" My dad asks me that too (can you tell I've got them completely befuddled?) and he used to draw when he was younger and now he likes to carve (whittling). Both my grandmothers had the problem of not being able to throw anything away if it could possibly be recycled or reconditioned into something else... uh, do you see the resemblance?? I'm a chip off the ol' block, wouldn't you say? Ooh, sorry for the tangent!


Have I mentioned that now when I go to the store I am eyeballing everything for it's potential to "do something " to it either for a class or for these craft fairs?? No kidding, my DH is starting to roll his eyes. Last night it was glass candles and now I'm emailing him saying "could you bring me home some flat suckers?" I remembered to buy some magnets so I'll MAYBE finish my calendar one of these days that I keep talking about.

Thanks for hanging with me!
~Kristin

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Baroque Motif, Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Baha Breeze, Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Clear EP, Chocolate grosgrain, Top Note Big Shot die, Versamark

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a winner, Kristin! So easy, yet beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah! LOVE it, Kristin! I'm going to look for it in your SCS gallery so that I can "favorite" it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Boy do I wish I had that Top Note die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are cracking me up, girl! And it's funnier because I can actually hear your voice telling the story, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)