Friday, October 24, 2008

One Word Only...


For yesterday's WT189 on SCS, Ways To Use it Challenge, we were to use only one word on the front of the card. Hopefully my french script background (on the basic gray) and the script in the Fresh Cuts stamp don't make me a cheater. :) I took this picture last night so I may try to get a better one today. I really wanted the light to show through the paper piercing around the edges so I had to leave my flash off which made it quite yellow and a bit blurry. I will try to fix it.
I am so happy with how this turned out- we were also required to have at least a touch of pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Well, I did more than a touch. A few retired sets were used here. Some of you might have not even heard of them, but this is SUO! The black flower is from Art of Life, a beautiful old set that I can't get ride of. The "friend" is from Noteworthy, an old SAB set I believe, that I've always admired. There is also a bit of French Script- a treasured background in my collection. I combined them with the current sets Fresh Cuts and Heartfelt Thanks for a soft feminine look.

A touch of dazzling diamonds on the flower and edges of the curly label adds a touch of jazz as well, as well as the taffeta ribbon and paper piercing at the edges that is really neat with the light showing through.
Thanks for stopping by- I love having you!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh this card is just beautiful!!!
    Great job!!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)