Sunday, February 14, 2010

CAS54: Wishing for Spring!

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast is to consider the theme: Wishing for Spring! Well, that's not too hard this time of year now is it?! We've still got tons and tons of snow laying around and are expecting possibly 6 more inches today I guess. I'm usually wishing for spring around the second day of winter!
This is the first card I made for this challenge today. To me spring is soft colors and beautiful blooming trees! So I used Kraft, So Safron, Certainly Celery with a touch of Cameo Coral. I made the flower with three layers from the Boho Blossom punch pinned together with the Sending Love Chocolate Epoxy brad. I embossed the tree in Vanilla then sponge a bit of Cameo Coral for a hint of spring to come.
I went for an altogether different look for this card. This is the closest stamp I've got to a hyacinth looking flower. The grape hyacinth are the first flower after the crocus to come up at my house. I always look forward to seeing them peek through the snow. This card is entirely Sahara Sand cardstock heavily sponged with Whisper White ink. Hope you like it!
Hope you'll go play along with the CAS challenge- and be sure to try out for the new DT stint that starts in March!
Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies:

Card #1:
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Picture This
Colors: Kraft, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions folder, Sending Love Chocolate Epoxy brad, Word Window punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Vanilla EP

Card #2:
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Happy Harmony
Colors: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Distressing tool, Paper Piercing tools, sponge dauber

2 comments:

  1. These are sooo wonderful Kristin, LOVE how you added that little flower on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just lovely! I always smile when those first flowers come up. great cards, girlie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)