Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long time no see!

Goodness, sorry it's been a while since I've posted! Honestly, it's been a while since I've stamped! I've had a number of things going on lately that have kept me super busy- don't worry, mostly good stuff. My hubby is finally getting a new truck (well, used but new to us)- he's been driving his current one for 15 years! And I have a new mattress coming today- finally! I don't even want to admit how old our current one is, but a clue would be that it is older than ME. No we didn't win the lottery, it is just long over due for both of these things. Let's just hope that all our major appliances continue chugging along for the foreseeable future!

OK, enough chatter, on to the card. Today is a Diva day- thank goodness for Diva days to get me stamping even when I'm not sure I've got time. This week we've got a color combo that might make you cringe... until you try it. It's fun, trust me! The first time I saw this color combo was on something amazing by Angie Tieman. When I find it I'll come back and link to hers- it is just beautiful!
Stampin' Tips:
  • When using Sweet Treat cups, be sure to plan ahead and consider how the recipient will retrieve the treats inside. I've punched a 3/4" circle in the paper covering the back and covered that hole with a Full Heart Punch that is adhered with a repositionable adhesive.
  • Don't be afraid of funky color combos. Remember, you don't have to use every color in cardstock form- you can add a hint of color with just ink or ribon.
  • For good color balance remember this rule: when using two colors your accent color should only be used about half as much as the primary color. When using three, the third color should be used a third, and so on. Make sense?
  • There are some excellent tips on SU's Color Coach color wheel!
I hope this Diva Day will get you stamping as well! Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Something Sweet
Colors: Soft Suede, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cups, 1 3/4" circle punch, Modern Label punch, Celery twill ribbon (no longer available), small heart punch, Eyelet border punch, crimper

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you back! this is lovely! great use of that product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.. very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)