Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Teacher Thank You's

As promised, here are the last three of the five Teacher Thank You notes I designed for a friend's son to give to his teachers. This first one ended up being one of my favorites. I used Crushed Curry as the card base and love how it looks with the black and red!

Here's a more jungle-like theme. I like how this one turned out too- actually I like them all or I wouldn't have included them for her to choose from. The sentiment circle on this one is from the old retired set called Riveting. I love the versatility of circular sentiments like this! Colors here are Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and a tiny More Mustard brad. The leaves are from the Little Leaves Sizzlit and the Big Shot.
This one is a CASE of a birthday card I did a long time ago. I was so happy with the original that it is the first thing that came to mind for thank you notes from a little boy. The colors and sentiment are different and on this one the train is simply stamped as opposed to being tediously cut out. I just couldn't see myself doing ten of these if that train had to be cut out! (Color Combo from the Color Throwdown challenge this week!)

So there you have it! Why don't you check out the two from yesterday then post a comment here letting me know which is your favorite. Keep in mind, these are intentionally simple so they can be mass produced (my friend needs ten!). Then I'll let you know what she decided!

Thanks for visiting today! Have a great weekend!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Card 1:
Stamps: Darling Dots, For a Friend
Colors: Crushed Curry, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Dotted embossing folder, Real Red dotted grosgrain

Card 2:
Stamps: Wild About You, Riveting
Colors: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango
Accessories: Circle punches, More Mustard brad, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Big Shot, Old Olive marker

Card 3:
Stamps: Choo Choo, Sweet Little Sentiments
Colors: So Saffron, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake (Kraft), Very Vanilla
Accessories: Old Olive wide grosgrain, Right on Track wheel, Distressing tool, Spiral punch

5 comments:

  1. omg! are these ever soooo cute! I loved the first one, was going to say it was my fave, but then I waw those sweet little zoo animals and THEN the train card-wow! great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin, Love love love that lady bug card. Thanks for sharing! Have a super day. I'm working out in the yard today. But, I did get 3 cards made this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore all of these - but especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the lady bug card. Would have been perfect for one of the girls birthday parties - did a lady bug theme. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All 3 are great! You put just the right things together and the right details, you're very creative and talented! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love Card 2 - that stamp set is one of my favorites - I love how you incorporated the leaves into it. Great post. Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)