Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peek-a-Boo!


Good morning!  I've got a card for ya today, believe it or not.  This sweet stamp set, Build-a-Roo just arrived on Friday and I had to get it inky right away!  I've always thought it is cute and fairly versatile.  This sketch is from the Pals Paper Arts (PPA61) challenge and the color combo is for the Color Throwdown (CTD111). 

For my circle element for the sketch I used a black jumbo grommet.  I have TIP for using those babies:  don't try to put the prongs through the paper, just bend them flat with an old eyelet hammer and attach it with glue dots.  It doesn't wrinkle up the paper and is much easier to attach. 

I colored the kangaroo with my blender pens and some River Rock ink then some touches of Soft Suede for some shading.  Yes, I know, my coloring skills aren't up to par with the masters! 

If you have a Stamp-a-Majig this is a great set to use it for to get the accessories in the kangaroo's pouch!  This set comes with not only the baby roo, but also flowers and hearts plus a few things to put in her hand and 3 different sentiments.

Have a great Sunday!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Build-a-Roo
Colors: River Rock, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Pacific Point striped grosgrain, Big Shot, Dotted Embossing folder, black Jumbo Grommet, Scallop border punch, blender pens

5 comments:

  1. This is oh-so-sweet! What a perfect way to use this color combo!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is adorable and it all works wonderfully with the sketch and the colors! And your coloring looks just fine to me! Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute! love how you used the colors and the layout. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you flipped tne sketch! Such a cute image, too! Love the ribbon and grommet...they are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image is great and I love how your colored and shading. Great way to add depth. Excellent take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us @ PPA!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)