Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stacked Hand-Made Gift Boxes

***This is the second post for today.  Scroll down to make sure you do not miss the DCBD challenge posting.  I meant to schedule this for tomorrow but messed up.  Oops.***
 So what do you think of my hand-made gift boxes??  I found this wonderful tutorial from Tina at My Therapy, My Creations that made them so so easy.  It can be found here:  paper box tutorial.  I used the Scallop Circle and Scallop Circles #2 dies with a piece of cardboard that comes in every pack of Designer Series Paper to make the bottoms and lids for these boxes.  Then covered them with cardstock.  There is one TIP that I'd like to point out if you decide to try these:  FOLLOW the tutorial when she says to glue the cardstock and cardboard together BEFORE running them through your Big Shot.  Trust her!  Trust me! 
 Here is a shot of the largest box open.  I am giving this set to a friend with a little something special in each box (I'll show that on another post).  Each box has a little stamped surprise in the lid and, for the bigger two, in the bottom of the box as well.  That's one reason this project is so fun- tons of areas to jazz up however you want!
Here is another shot of the inside of the lid for the largest box.  Sentiment is from In My Thoughts, leaves are from Great Friend.  I also used the new Chantilly Lace, an antique brad, pearls and the Large Oval punch and scallop oval punch with Oval All for the label on the outside.
 This is the medium box with a sentiment from Full of Life and 3 Jewel Basic Rhinestones.
 Here is the smallest box.  It has pearls all the way around it plus a hand-made carnation flower on top (more on how to make those later!)
On the inside of this lid I used a stamp from Think Happy Thoughts and punched a little flower with the Boho Blossoms punch, attached with a Rose Red brad.  For all three boxes I used retired Raspberry Tart DSP (designer series paper).  The measurements I used are as follows: 

Large box: 2"x12" strip & a 1"x113/4"
Medium box: 1 1/2" x 9 1/4" and 1"x9" (as per the tutorial)
Small box: 1 1/2" x 5" and 1" x 4 3/4" 

For the larger two boxes I just cut circles that looked like they would fit with my circle cutting system.  For the small box my 1 1/4" punch worked perfectly!  These circles are to line the inside so the edges of paper don't show. 

Want to know more about the paper carnation?  Here is a tutorial that is super easy:  paper carnation tutorial thanks to Emma F. at Lady and the Stamp.  These have been around awhile so I might just be the last person to try them.  If you haven't either then check out this tutorial! 

Hope you have a great day.  If you have any questions about this post just post a comment and ask, I'll do my best to answer. 
~Kristin

{PS- Special thanks to Tina and Emma for your inspiration and wonderfully done tutorials!}

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin those look fantastic! Love that they are stacked and the detail you put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welllllll! like, these?? LOVE them. fantastically done, great embellies and such a wonderful display of your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic project!! Beautiful job - love how you decorated and embellished! Thanks for all the tutorial links.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)