Monday, September 20, 2010

Two in Two!

 Happy Monday all!  I'm back today with two challenges in two different cards.  I was determined to stamp today since it's been a few days so I set out to find a few challenges to try.  First up is the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  Second, is the Clean & Simple color challenge on SCS to use kraft, red, brown and vanilla.  This rarely happens to me but while brainstorming I had two totally different ideas and decided to do them both!
The first is more clean and simple.  I combined a sentiment from Whimsical Words (a Sale-a-Bration set from earlier this year) and I {(Heart} Hearts!  Did you notice the three clear buttons?  Did you notice the XOX connotation for hugs and kisses (in the buttons)??  Is it cheesy??  I wasn't sure. 

My second card is this Christmas Wishes card made with Gifts of Christmas.  The main image is embossed in Vanilla powder and the dove is painted with Lumiere which is an old pearl white paint that SU used to carry years ago.  My lid has a crack so it was fairly dry, but I just added some water and stirred and it thinned down nicely.

I'm sure you noticed the Glimmer Brads (available now in the Holiday Mini Catalog- pg. 36)- aren't they beautiful?!!  I also embossed the Vanilla piece with the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions embossing folder.  Finally, the handmade poinsettia was done with the 5-petal flower punch and three black brads. 

I hope you've enjoyed these.  Next time you're trying a challenge, why not do it twice and see how different your cards end up?! 

Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Whimsical Words, Stitched Background, Gifts of Christmas
Colors: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot, Embossing Folders: Dotted & Petals-a-Pleny; large heart punch, scallop trim border punch, scallop border punch, vanilla EP, Lumiere, Glimmer Brads, 5-petal flower punch, black brads, black narrow taffeta, bitty buttons, linen thread

3 comments:

  1. These are just fabulous! Love your little skewed strips on the first card! So darling! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your holiday card and the variation with the friend card as well! We'd love it if you considered entering some of your pretty projects in our challenges at Papercraft Star and there is still time to get in on our $25.00 gift certificate too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/lets-celebrate-early-enter-our-2500.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Kristin! love that first card AND LOVE the holiday one. so festive and pretty with those glittered brads.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)