Monday, September 22, 2008

A challenge to thank a caregiver you know!


Through browsing Lisa Henke's blog I have found a wonderful blogger, Cammie (Carolyn King) who is hosting a challenge to benefit something near and dear to her heart. She has asked for all who participate to please send a thank you to someone who cares for Alzheimers patients. Please see this post for details... but I'll tell you there are $1000 in donated products for the random lucky winner that posts the card he/she sent for this cause. I am glad to help Cammie out in her quest to thank these individuals- it must be a very difficult job for sure!

So, here is my card that I will be sending to a local nursing home. I don't know anyone directly that is a caregiver for Alzheimer's patients, but I hope receiving an anonymous thank you lets the recipient know she/he's appreciated!
On to the card details, the layout is from Beate's weekly Weekend Sketch Challenge. Who doesn't love Beate?! Colors are in recognition of the first day of Autumn today!
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out Cammie's great effort!
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Fresh Cuts
Paper: Haiku DSP, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Sponge dauber, distressing tool, label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Chocolate Chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon, vintage brads, Crop-o-Dile (for embossing at bottom edge), scallop edge punch, Stampin' Dimensionals




5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love the totally unexpected things you put together here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin your beautiful comments to me yesterday, made my heart smile. I am glad you joined in on the greatness. I {heart} your card. The fall colors are fabulous and that ribbon looks great how you used it. I just got some of it, so I'm going to have to try it on a card like this. I'm glad to call you my friend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I just love the fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kristin...and I am sure it will be appreciated! Thanks so much for helping the cause! hugs-Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, that is soo pretty. I love the colors, the set and the way you added the ribbon.
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)