Monday, January 12, 2009

I've been scrappin'!!


Yes, that's right! I spent many hours on Friday and a few on Saturday scrappin'! Working towards my January goal of 10 pages- I have... ooh, I think I did 10! I'll have to go count again. I probably won't post them all- scrappin' is not my forte. I mean, I love it and have done it way longer than cards, but I just don't feel like I'm in my groove yet and am not totally in love with every page! Also, fair warning, I do not scrap in 100% Stampin' Up! products (since my "stash" is ages old long before I met SU). I could probably say 95% SU, but not 100%.




This is a layout of my son's first day of his 2nd year of preschool. I was scrappin' at my friend Nicky's house who got the Cricut for Christmas so I used it for the title- lovin' the Cricut I gotta say! The rubons, which are the abc and 123, plus frame around the picture on the left, and "A+"and around the circle picture are all from SU's School Days Rub-ons. The yellow paper is SU's textured Barely Banana, but the patterned paper is all from CTMH I believe (stuff I got for being published). I also used SU's tab punch to make a file folder type look so I can do my journaling behind the picture of my son. (Haven't done that yet).



Next up, a page of backyard ball and my son learning how to ride his bike (remember I'm working on 2004 so he's four in all these pages). Here I used SU's Real Red and Basic Black cardstock, as well as the spiral punch, white gel pen and Real Red marker. I also used some patterned paper (right side) that has been in my stash for years. The titles are done in stickers (from CM probably) and the stamped part "Milestone Ahead" is done with the Newsprint Alpha from SU that retired a LONG time ago. Still one of my favorite alphas!



Here's another layout using the fabulous Cricut! It did all the letters, the flowers and the "I heart you" charm! Everything else is SU: Brilliant Blue, Taken with Teal & Regal Rose Cardstock. Plus taken with teal journaling marker and silver brads.



Finally, another COSI page. If the layout looks familiar it's because I used the very same for my daughter's album, just changed up the pictures and the colors out of necessity. I like how hers turned out better than the yellow here. This is totally SU: I used the Creative License Simply Scrappin' Kit, arrow punch, Yoyo Yellow, basic gray and Not Quite Navy cardstock, as well as Expressive Flexible Phrases (on the arrows).

Anyway, thanks for stopping by again. I hope this inspires you to get scrappin' if you are a scrapper. If not, at least pull out some old pictures and enjoy for a while!

Have a great day!

~Kristin

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the Cricut great? I have had one for years and I love it!!! I used it all the time - I have even used it to decorate the girls toyroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Don't you feel happy when you get a few pages under your belt? They're all great pages too!

    Thanks for the sweet card- i love that you did it on your schedule and not the Christmas rush- i may try that this year... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh! look at you go girl! I love them all. My fave is the bike page. I love the simple layout and those rounded corners add so much. great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)