Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Diva Coffee Break Design Sketch Challenge- DCBD151

Are you ready for another Diva Coffee Break Designs Wednesday?!? This week we've got a sketch for you and we'd love to have you play along! If you haven't noticed we've started showcasing a "Featured Artist" each week and that artist is chosen from those of YOU that play along with our challenge and link to the DCBD blog! There is a VERY good chance of being chosen... in other words get on over there and check it out. We'd love to drive a little traffic your way and let you bask in the warm compliments you'll surely receive!

Here's our sketch this week... I've taken some liberties with it, but I think you'll still see a resemblance! I do have three panels even though the center one is larger and overlaps the smaller two. Speaking of the smaller two, they each have been stamped with the grass stamp from Inspired by Nature in Vanilla ink- I'm pointing this out because it was tough to capture in a photo. I love this stamp set and had neglected it lately with all my new rubber- so it gets a chance to shine today. This is a perfect stamp for using those markers on! Here I used Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand and Basic Black.

Did you notice the ribbon treatment? Both the top and the bottom ribbon are threaded through a slot punched through the main flower panel. The black strip at the bottom I found in my scraps- already punched with the Curly Label punch! Let's see what you can do- go visit the DCBD blog and get inspired by even more great designs!

So glad you decided to visit today! Thanks for your sweet comments, as always!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Ribbon, Horizontal Slot punch, Modern Label punch, Curly Label punch

7 comments:

  1. This card is STUNNING, love your color choice and how you put the elements together

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty color combination. I like your interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Love the rich purple! The flower is so pretty and I love the ribbon how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty... love your color choice and flower is so well done. I really like the way you alternated the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! those black centers of the flowers are gorgeous with the razzleberry. lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)