Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two more Christmas cards

Well, here are the two cards I'd already decided on for the Holiay SAS this weekend. This first one is very clean & simple and of course traditional. So many people prefer traditional colos so I try to accommodate them on at least one of my designs.
Of course you know me and I do prefer a bit more non-traditional so I always get those colors in there as well! This one is Almost Amethyst and Elegant Eggplant with some silver (one of my favorite color combos). The is regular and dry embossing on this card... but,
I have an idea for another card using this set so I just might change my mind AGAIN! It's not too late until Friday night, right?! I work best under pressure so it's all good. Although, I'm not the best mom under pressure so my family might not appreciate me being so wishy washy. This is EXACTLY why I don't try to design for events too far in advance.

Both of these cards are fairly straight-forward I think. The second one, I should point out, involves coloring in the dove with the White watercolor pencil- isn't it neat how the colors ends up looking almost Amethyst?! The corners were all punched with the Eyelet border punch (have you tried that before?!) and the silver piece is embossed with the Big Shot and the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Embossing folder from the Holiday Mini.

Well, gotta run and get some ideas out of my head! Thanks for visiting me today. I promise I will finalize my SAS projects by Friday and at some point will post them all together. Have a great day!
~Kristin

PS- Any more guesses in my Candy Corn contest?? I'll reveal the answer tomorrow and send a card to the person with the closest guess!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen these look GREAT, I love the color combos on both!!! Terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both nice. The silver on the bottom one is great and love how you "colored" in the dove.

    I like the top one with the popped up bird on the branch on kraft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)