Wednesday, October 14, 2009

With All Your Heart!

For today's Diva's Coffee Break Designs challenge and the Color Challenge on SCS yesterday. to use Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay and Apricot Appeal. My first thought when I saw the long narrow panel on the left was this bird on teh branch from Asian Artistry (a level 2 hostess set).
The bird is was stamped a second time on some textured Apricot Appeal and cut out then watercolored slightly with some Pumpkin Pie.

I've been seeing the trend of using a larger scallop for a scallop border so I glued several 1" circles on in a row at the bottom then covered the seam with the Bermuda Bay ribbon.

Added details include the Lattice Die, Modern Label punch, and a Latte Button.

Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Asian Artistry
Colors: Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Lattice Die, Big Shot, Latte Button, 1" circle punch, Modern Label punch, Aqua painter, Pumpkin Pie ink, Bermuda bay dotted grosgrain

6 comments:

  1. Very striking design ... and you can't go wrong with this color combo. Love those big scallops, that sweet little bird, the die ... well, just everything! too.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colors. What a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, lovely card, so serene and I love you choice of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I have seen those jumbo scallops too, what a great idea to use circles.....I probably knew that but forgot! DUH! I love your use of the lattice, too, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job. Love your layout and great details. The eyelet is great. Love the different ideas and use of lattice die.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)