Monday, December 14, 2009

Clean & Simple Challenge: Curves!

That's right, curves are the challenge for today's CAS challenge CAS45. I've never tried using curves like this for grass or snow so I did one for each... one cut with a craft knife and one torn. What fun! I had no idea what I was missing out on. Of course using my brand new set Love Bandit made it fun too! This DSP is once again from the retired Simply Scrappin' Kit that I used a few days ago called Pina Colada. Doesn't it look awesome with the Rich Razzleberry ribbon?! I just love these colors together.

The sentiment is from Short & Sweet and guess what... so is that tiny flower I added at the last minute. I don't think I've ever used it, and it seemed the perfect proportion for these trees. Finished them off with a touch from the white gel pen. Tree trunks are watercolored with a touch of Close to Cocoa ink and an aquapainter.
Here's my second version- using vellum cardstock for snowy hills. Does it work? It is tough adhering vellum so that the adhesive won't show. This is the best I could do with a bit of Tombo Mono Multi that I rubbed around with my finger to spread as thin as possible. Can you tell there aretrees from Lovely as a Tree in the background? I haven't used that set in ages- in fact, was considering putting it in my storage bin for a while. They are stamped in White craft ink while Dasher is stamped with black craft ink. The circle sentiment is from Punch Pals.

Neither of these is totally clean & simple in the sense that they have a lot of "white space" but they use minimal layers and embellishments so I think they qualify- at least by my definition.

So thanks for stopping by today! We'd love to have you join us for the CAS45 challenge.
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
(card 1)
Stamps: Love Bandit, Short & Sweet
Colors: Kraft, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Modern Label punch, Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain.
(card 2)
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Dasher, Punch Pals
Colors: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Accessories: White vellum cardstock, circle punches, White organza ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Hello !.
    You may , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://bowunytib.lookseekpages.com/oneqomo.html
    and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesn't that first comment just make you mad!!! anyway, I'm hear to leave a real comment. love your cards!!! that vellum is really cool like that, love how it adds dimension where the pieces meet. and I can't see any remnince of adhesive! NICE work! aren't those rolling hills fun to make?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vellum hills. Looks really great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)