Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lattice Ornaments

I've got a few more gift ideas for you today. Both of these ornaments put the Lattice Die and the Big Shot to use. This first one is just two Lattice pieces staggered together. I used the Brushed Gold and Copper cardstock for these along with some gold cord and a copper brad. Tied a little bell to the bottom for fun!
This one actually uses 5 Lattice pieces folded in half and glued together. I used the Brushed Silver cardstock for this one, plus some silver elastic cord. There are also some dew drops and silver ribbon tails, neither of which are Stampin' Up! products.
Yesterday I said I might have a recipe for this tasty easy treat we like to make. Last night was our weekly Family Game Night so we started out making these treats to add to teacher gifts today. I don't have pictures so use your imagination.

These directions are tough so pay attention:
1- Lay out a layer of either small knot or waffle pretzels on a baking sheet.
2- Place an unwrapped Rolo on each pretzel.
3- Put tray in oven at 250 degrees for about 4 minutes.
4- Remove from oven and shove a whole pecan on top of the melted Rolo.
5- This is important: EAT!
Seriously, that easy and so good. We love them either warm right off the tray, or we like to freeze them and eat them frozen!

One week until Christmas! Hope you are getting everything done. My shopping is officially 100% complete so I'm off to the couch to work on Christmas cards... then wrapping this weekend. Sounds like some sledding might be in order tomorrow if the snow comes tonight that is predicted.

Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the lattice ornaments. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! The recipe looks good too! TFS both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ornaments are beautiful! I keep looking at the die and it just doesn't do anything for me...until now! Dang it, now I'm gonna have to put that on my next order! Treats sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These ornaments are gorgeous!!!! Now, I HAVE to get the Lattice die. TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so you know, we made the yummy rolo-pretzle snack and OMG! delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)