Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Follow Your Heart!

I put this together yesterday for the sketch & color challenges on Splitcoast this week. It is so exciting to be stamping with new stuff! This set is called Vintage Vogue which also has a matching wheel that I have but didn't use this time. What do you think of the new satin ribbon? This is the only black ribbon I have- I always thought black was just not a good color for ribbon, but I've learned that I was wrong. It can be very striking and appropriate.

I also used the new Polka Dot embossing folder as well as the new scallop trim corner and edge punches. The corner punch takes some practice but it is a beautiful look when it comes together. I will play with it more then post any tips that I come up with. The main one I have right now is to practice on scrap paper before your final project!

The one thing on this card that is long since retired is the rub-on from Eastern Elegance. I love rubons but often forget to use them. I wanted a more formal script here and thought this was perfect.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping to get started on my Christmas cards today... although I don't know why I bother- they never go out before New Year's Day! Some people try to get their's our first- well I pride myself on being the LAST Christmas card anyone gets. LOL!

Stay warm! We've got a wind chill below zero today- brrrr!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Colors: Basic Gray, Barely Banana, Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop trim edge & corner punches, Polka Dot embossing folder, Big Shot, Latte Button, Eastern Elegance Rub-ons (retired)

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous! and I love black as ribbon, you're right it makes a striking statment. Looks fabulous in satin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card caught my eye right away. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Beautiful!! Love these colors together. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! It really has the So Shelli feel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)