Saturday, January 21, 2012

Picky like that


OK, alright, you guessed it.  I'm addicted to sketch challenges!  Frankly, I like them better than color challenges.  You see, I am picky about colors and combinations of colors and sometimes my mood even determines what colors I want to use. 

(don't ask me what my favorite color is like my daughter does often.  I CAN'T possibly answer that.  Like I tell her, I like all colors, just not together, not for everything and not on certain days)

I kind of get the attitude like "don't tell me what colors to use"... but I'm fine being given a sketch.  In fact, I prefer it.  That probably says something about my brain and ability or lack thereof, to design.  That might also explain why I've resorted to giving YOU a color challenge.  I'm bossy like that. 

So today I've used a sketch from Pals Paper Arts.  Love it- gives me JUST enough to work with.  Gets those creative juices flowing. 

Today I've also used some contraband.  Shhh.  The only reason I'm pointing it out is because otherwise I imagine I'll get someone asking where in the SU catalog are those embossing folders I used.  No where.  Well, not entirely true.  I used my trusty polka dots, so of course you can find them.  And the newer one (the oval frame) called Designer Frames.  Those are in there too.  The others, not so much.  They are in a set of 5 skinny strip folders called With Love by Provocraft.  That's all I'm saying 'bout that. 

And before you ask, here is the inside.  Crummy picture, even with all the editing in the world and beautiful sunlight.  Crappy camera (user).  That center piece is actually Pool Party which is why it looks so off white.
So after all the fuss, what do you think of my color combo?  I had it written down as a future challenge to use here... but got antsy and couldn't resist it.  (Same with yesterday's card!)  It is Concord Crush, Pool Party and Basic Gray.  With white of course. 

Well, I already mentioned almost everything I used in this card but I know some of you aren't reading a word of this (can't blame you) and will just cut to the list of supplies if you even want to know.  So here it is, and thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Best Yet
Colors:  Concord crush, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, contraband previously mentioned, Polka Dot embossing folder, Designer Frames embossing folder, Concord Crush Stitched Poly ribbon, Basic Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with your choice of colors here. Your card is so pretty. I, too, love to do sketch challenges. It's always fun choosing the colors to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo! I love this one. pretty, pretty and the embossing detail is so lovely. I'm a sketch junkie, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)