Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

Yes, I get that excited over a card every now and then! This card just might be my favorite card that I've ever made to date... I can't wait to send it to someone, but then again I think I'd like to hold onto it. This textured cardstock which is VERY near SU's new Soft Suede was a gift from my friend Lisa. She sent me a sampler of a variety of these papers that have an awesome lighter colored core so when you sand a raise portion the other color comes through (yes, I'm finally getting around to trying it out Lisa- thank you!!). Guess what color this core most closely matched?! Soft Sky! Remember Soft Sky, an In Color from '07-'08?? Add a hint of Taken With Teal and some Bermuda Bay dotted grosgrain and ....yum!

The raised part is that new Textured Impressions Embossing folder I mentioned yesterday. I just embossed then sanded over it with one of my SU sanding blocks- and voila! Ooh, guess what- these dew drop thingys were from Lisa too. I just adore those things and can't wait for SU to start offering them in our luscious colors!

The sentiment panel is made with the large and wide and scalloped oval punches. The wide is punched through the outer layer of the card so the sentiment can be adhered inside and seen through the window. I enjoyed using the awesome In Color markers to ink up this image from Oval All!

So, I will apologize that this isn't SUO to my followers that appreciate my 100% SUO posts... BUT, this can give you an idea of why SU colors and stamps are so awesome and versatile.

Well, thanks for stopping by! Hope you like it as much as I do... or if not, at least tolerate my excitement. ;)

~Kristin

Supplies are SUO except where otherwise mentioned
Stamps: Oval All
Paper: Soft Sky, Taken With Teal, Non-SU textured cardstock (sorry, I have no idea of brand)
Accessories: Textured Impressions Elegant Bouquet, Bermuda Bay dotted grosgrain ribbon, Wide Oval, Large Oval, Scallop Oval punches, corner rounder, scallop edge punch, distressing tool, non-SU dew drops

5 comments:

  1. I can see why you love this card...ITS GORGEOUS!! LOVE these colors and your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can see why you love this card so very pretty the colors are awesome and love that wht core
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have evey reason to be excited about this card-IT IS FAB!!!! glad my goodies came in handy. I just adore every detail you added! tfs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)