Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sweet Scoops

I've been wanting to get more use from this set, Sweet Scoops,  lately so I set out to find a good challenge to work with.  Since there is no lack of challenges to choose from on the internet these days I only had trouble narrowing it down.  The others I wrote down in my handy-dandy challenge notebook so I can come back to them quickly without wading through the internet and getting bogged down looking then not taking any time to actually stamp.  (Want a whole list of challenge blogs categorized by day of the week?  Just click the bottom of my sidebar for the blinky that says "Daily Dare".)

I chose to use the color challenge CC281 and sketch challenge SC291 both from Splitcoast!  The color challenge is to use Daffodil Delight, Concord Crush and Pear Pizzazz.  No problem- I loved these colors together as soon as I got them out.  They look good in about any combination. 

The striped Concord Crush paper is from the Level One Hostess pack of paper patterns in the In Colors.  I'm getting quite a bit of use from that paper pack- love that it is in the new In Colors!!  My sentiment is from the stamp set called Something Sweet (I love how those sentiments can work with the ice cream cones)! 

Did you notice my little bumble bee??  I always think of those bees buzzing around whenever I think of ice cream cones in the summer.  He is from the recent Sale-a-Bration set called Picture This that I've been using frequently.  I just use my markers to ink him up and color him in, then added him to a build-a-brad!

Thanks for visiting today!  It looks lovely outside so I'm off...
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Scoops, Something Sweet, Picture This
Colors: Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight (white for sentiment, Crumb Cake for cone)
Accessories: Stitched Poly Ribbon in Concord Crush, scallop border punch, Build-a-Brad, 1/2" circle punch

2 comments:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)