Monday, November 1, 2010

Tea & Crumpets Birthday

Good morning folks!  Long time no see... I won't even bore you with my sob story of being busy- that's a poor excuse for not enjoying my craft more frequently.  However, I DO have this card to show you and even a 2-page scrapbook layout I managed to complete this weekend which I'll share tomorrow. 

Today's card is possible thanks to the lovely Stampin' Royalty Sketch shown below (click on the picture for a link to their blog post) as well as the Just Add Ink #41 challenge to do an "Out of the Box" card with a birthday theme.  Well, this isn't exactly out of the box, but all the fussy cutting and layering is for me kind of. 

Ooh, I just remembered another challenge that really got me started was Friday's Free For All challenge (F4A36) on Splitcoast to use stamped paper pieced images.  For me that meant stamping these Fifth Avenue Floral flowers onto the retired Tea & Crumpets DSP that I recently purchased from SU's Clearance Rack.  
I textured the card base, which is Mellow Moss by the way (have you missed that color??), with the Lattice Textured Impressions embossing folder and the Big Shot. 

The stems of leaves were super easy with the Two-Step Bird Punch.  Popped on a few pearls and some white taffeta ribbon, embossed the sentiment and layered it on a pierced mat then called it quits. 

Thanks for hanging out with me this morning!  I truly enjoy reading all your comments, so thank you. 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Fifth Avenue Floral, Well Scripted
Colors:  Mellow Moss, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Extras: Tea & Crumpets DSP, Basic Jewel Pearls, White taffeta ribbon, Big Shot, Lattice Embossing folder, paper piercing tool, distressing tool

11 comments:

  1. OMG...this is gorgeous. Love this beautiful color combination. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful. The colors and the layout are great. I wandered around your blog a bit. You've got some nice work on here. I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection. Check out my blog when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Following you from SC.
    Eileensstampingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!
    I'm following you from Stampin' Connection. I'm #188 on the list as www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.
    I hope you have time to follow my blog also.
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects!!! Simply beautiful. I'm following you now through the thread on Stampin' Connection. I invite you to stop by and follow me as well at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

    Have a super day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely colour choices. What a pretty card. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE the colours you've used, Kristin. The flowers stamped onto the DSP look fantastic, and I really like the white sentiment on pink. A really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veey pretty Kristin. That colour combo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Love the texture, layers and the stamping onto patterned paper. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card, you are a stamping goddess! your choice of textures is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sure rocked that layout. this card is so pretty. great colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)