Monday, December 8, 2008

Frosty Gift Card Holder- Thanks Leann!

I saw this snowman card on one of my stamping idol's blogs and just had to try it! Leann Greff is as talented as they come so be sure to check out her blog! It was fun, easy and best of all, useful!
It seems there is always a use for a gift card holder so I added a little fold on the inside, adorned with a tag and the stamp on top from Punch Pals allows the sender to circle the most suitable phrase for added fun.
The front of Frosty is fairly obvious, using the 3/4" and 1 1/4" circle punches, plus I used a portion of the large star punch for the nose. The white gel pen gives a stitched look to his hat, and that felt snowflake adds a fun punch of color. It may not be apparent in the picture, but the eyes were made with glossy white cardstock so they stand out a bit from the white face.
I love how Leann did her flower on the hat as well, and may do that instead if I'm concerned about running out of snowflakes. Also, the blushing cheeks is a perfect touch so I will add that as well (totally forgot).

If you'd like to make this, start with a sheet of whisper white cardstock ("4 x 8.5") then score at 1 1/4" & 4 7/8". You may need to experiment with this some, but those are the measurements mine worked out to. Then the bottom flap can be folded in and adhered on the edges to make a little pocket. The hat brim is 1"x 4 1/4" so it fits neatly into a standard envelope. The top part of the hat is 3 1/8" wide, by 2 1/4" or so. This part will overlap under the brim but be sure the entire length of the card ends at 5 1/2" so it fits in that envelope!
Hope you've enjoyed these projects so far. I'm off to design more!

2 comments:

  1. yes, she is a stamping rock star! this is super cute, Kristin. thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristin, you are too funny!
    Love your snowman & adding the gift card to it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)