Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Live Like You Mean It!








Today's DCBD challenge, compliments of Dannie Graves, is for us to use the gorgeous color combination of Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Baha Breeze and one of either Kiwi Kiss (which I used) or Tangerine Tango.


Not being a huge fan of Tangerine Tango I decided immediately that I'd go with Kiwi Kiss! I also wanted to use this sketch, which is from the Splitcoast Stampers Dare to Get Dirty Challenge they have each month. If you are not a "Fan Club Member" on Splitcoast, I highly recommend joining. I believe the rate is reduced right now during the holidays (I could be wrong though). As a member you get rights to view the exclusive and amazing gallery of the "Dirty Girls" or the Dirty Dozen. They are among the most talented stampers out there and do awesome work. An added bonus is that you may upload any day of the week to SCS (non members are not permitted to upload on Sundays) and you don't have to wait for approval to upload. This significantly cuts the time it takes to see your uploaded pictures in the gallery.


Anyway, I used the hostess set called Live Like you Mean It. I love that sentiment and the set is very pretty and versatile too! Plus it's a level one so it's easy to earn. The white cardstock used here is all Glossy White so there is a pretty shine to it that may not show in the picture.


The flowers in this image I inked up with ink from the lid of the ink pads and a blender pen. This is why the Riding Hood Red isn't very vivid. At first I was disappointed, but then the softness grew on me. The flower at the bottom right was originally in a white square which I decided after it was all glued down that I wanted it to be a circle instead. It's a little worse for the wear, but works much better now. Trust me.


Did you notice the background on the Kiwi paper? I haven't done this in a while since my first instinct is always a background stamp, but this time I used the words from the sentiment and stamped them over and over in Kiwi ink. I love how this looks and plan to do it again soon.


SU Supplies


Stamps: Live like you mean it, Think Happy Thoughts (for the dotted circle), Canvas (on the Blue strip)


Paper: Glossy White, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Baha Breeze


Ink: Riding Hood Red, Baha Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate chip


Accessories: Baha Grosgrain, Circle Punch, Square scallop punch, Antique Brass jumbo eyelet, antique brass brad.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love the colors, and what you aren't a fan of tangerine? lol! just giving you a hard time! I really like the layout you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I'm with you about using the Kiwi Kiss. When I pulled out the Tangerine Tango I didn't think it matched as well. I went with what I thought was easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...very pretty! I haven't mounted this set yet...will need to now that I've seen your sample!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always thinking outside the box--and inspiring us with awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Kristen!! I love the circle in the scallop square. You always have such nice little touches on your cards.
    I hope you don't mind, but I put a link from my blog to your blog on my post dated 12/21. I enjoy checking our your creations and thought my readers might, too!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)