Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays to You and Yours! (DCBD107)

My final Christmas card post for the year is this for the weekly DCBD challenge. Here is the sketch which I turned on it's side because I had this tree all cut and folded but had never used. I started out really liking this, but the more I did the less it grew on me... I suppose if I had put the ribbons closer together that would help. And maybe a different sentiment?? I'm not sure. I just started out with high hopes. I absolutely LOVED it with the chocolate Stitched background on the Bashful Blue, and the tree before the red cosmo fine glitter. I do like it I guess, just not lovin' it. My photo isn't doing it any favors either- due to poor lighting conditions. I actual took more photos on a later day but my camera is out in the car so this'll have to do.

The build-a-brads were fun- hadn't used those in a while, and I like them layered with the felt snowflaked behind them. The origami tree was not too hard, but I don't think I'd do it for a workshop or class. At this point I don't have directions for it, but if I find them I will link them. Sorry!

Here's the sketch we were given. I do like it, and will try it again sometime probably. Be sure to check out my fellow divas under the coffee cup logo at the right! They do some mighty fine work!

Thanks for taking a moment to stop by. I'd love to hear from you so jot me a quick hello if you'd like! I'd love it even more if you'd play along with this (or any/all of the DCBD challenges) challenge and then link your card to my blog so I can find it!


Merry Christmas!
~Kristin

6 comments:

  1. Kristin, you're so funny -- it's a great card! I almost skipped right on by, not realizing it was from this week's sketch, it looks so different on it's side! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    What a wonderful card! Could you share with us how to make the tree? I love the dimension!
    Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chica!
    Hope your Christmas was wonderful!
    I was wondering if you could email me and let me know how you added the SU! links into your blog! I want to do that, but can't figure out how!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you questioned your own card, I think it turned out very beautiful. I used the origami tree for one of the challenges too. I liked mine until I added the ornaments. I guess sometimes simple is best. My mom says that quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I love it! always do. the colors are fab! and that tree is so cool. hope you had a wonderful holiday! I might just have to try this sketch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)