Sunday, January 3, 2010

Inspired by Glass Earrings

Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge (IC213) on Splitcoast was to choose something from the Design Spirit Studio Etsy shop. She is a talented artist whose medium is glass. Here is a beautiful pair of glass earrings I chose to inspire this card design.

I stamped the whole Sahara Sand panel first then decided I'd like it better cut into pieces. I hinged the pieces together with Not Quite Navy brads then adhered the whole thing to the Kraft card base. Initially I left the top hinged section loose so you could tilt it and see the surprise stamped bird underneath, but it wouldn't stay up, always fell down to the sentiment so I glued it down- no more surprise bird! LOL.

The stamp set I used is an old favorite called Spring Solitude. Colors are partly retired too: Baha Breeze and Blue Bayou are two old In Colors (boy do I need a reinker for my Blue Bayou). Also used Whisper white and Not Quite Navy ink.

I wanted my Modern Label sentiment piece to be a little more substantial so added a few Not Quite Navy scallops to it. I've not done that before, but like the effect. Added a few touches of my old Blue Bayou stitched ribbon and called it quits. Well, I stamped a stem of flowers on the inside too, but didn't photo that part.

Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by today!
~Kristin


SUO Supplies

Stamps: Spring Solitude

Colors: Kraft, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Baha Breeze, Not Quite Navy

Accessories: Not Quite Navy brads, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, Modern Label punch, Scallop edge punch

3 comments:

  1. What a fun design, Kristin! I love the scallops below the Modern Label; it looks great! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! The color combination is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is right on the inspiration piece! wow-sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)