Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Bird-Day!

Excuses, excuses... that's all I've got for being so late on my Diva's Coffee Break Design challenge today. I had a migraine for most of the day, but my biggest problem and most valid excuse is miserable computer problems. I uploaded my picuture probably a dozen times to my computer from my camera but it just wasn't there. I don't know what it was but I ran defrags, deleted gobs of old programs, and rebooted like 10 times and finally was able to manually upload one at a time! YIKES!

Anyway, I'm finally here (and I know it has been so long since I posted last- sorry!!). We've been doing some major landscaping projects in this crazy heat and are now planning to be out of town for a while so I'll hopefully get some stamping done tomorrow so I can post ahead a few.

So here is the sketch we were to use for today. It is very symetrical for my asymetrical nature but that is the challenging part- and I think I like how mine turned out. I love this color combo of Real Red, Apricot Appeal and the new Soft Suede!

The little birdie from Pun Fun is watercolored with ink from the lids and an aquapainter. The hat and candle are from Party Hearty.

What do you think of the little pumpkin pie felt flower and styled silver hodgepodge brad? I think the pumpkin is nice with the apricot.

Anyway, hope you have time to play along with me and the other Divas! We'd love to have you join us! Check out the DCBD blog for more samples and Mr. Linky.

So glad you stopped by today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Pun Fun, Party Harty
Colors: Soft Suede, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Soft Suede dotted grosgrain, Styled Silver Hodgepodge, Felt Flowers, corner rounder

6 comments:

  1. Love your card, Kristin!! The little bird looks great with that hat on. ;) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need for excuses, just glad you are here and feeling better. LOVE the card. That birdie looks great. have a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a FUN card Kristin!!! You did one awesome job with this sketch!! lovin that birdie and these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Kristin ! You did a great job with the sketch ! Love how you did the ribbon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I'm sure the time with your niece was fun. Great card and love the color combo. The hat is adorable. Love those little felt flowers. Safe trip.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. symmetrical is very hard for me too. I think you did a great job.the little hat on the bird is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)