Sunday, December 6, 2009

Suede & Shimmer Noel {CAS44}

Well, here it is... my first try for the Clean & Simple Design Team on Splitcoast! I was so excited to see a PM from Jen saying I'd been chosen! I think I had made this card within about 2 hours of hearing from her.

The challenge this week is a luscious color combination of brown, red and white/vanilla. As I said on SCS, there are so many ways to use this color combo. I plan to try it again tomorrow after I get the kids off to school (or maybe yet tonight if I can keep my eyes open long enough).

Can you tell that the sentiment (as well as the snowflakes below) were stamped with not ink but Shimmer Paint?! Yep, this is my new favorite way to use Shimmer Paint. The Champagne Mist looks especially nice with the sheen in this Designer Series Paper, Christmas Cocoa.

Here's the inside. I had cut this Top Note thinking I'd use it for the front, but when I decided against it it was still laying here and perfect for the inside.

Well, if you haven't already why don't you go play along with the CAS challenge for today?! I'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by again!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Many Merry Messages, Serene Snowflakes
Colors: Soft Suede, Real Red, Christmas Cocoa DSP
Accessories: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Felt Flurries, Scallop Edge punch, Top Note Die, Big Shot

3 comments:

  1. yeah! and it's wonderful! love the colors and can't wait to play. again, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. The sparkly sentiment and the snowflake just have such a WOW factor.
    Great job on making the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY KRISTIN! A big shout out of congrats on making the design team for Clean and Simple. I'm doing a happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)