Friday, December 18, 2009

Top Note Chipboard Boxes

Have you seen these done before? I've done one back in February maybe, but don't think I posted many details about it or even an individual picture. There is a tutorial on Splitcoast to make these- they are fun and fairly easy! This time I made the Top Note pieces out of chipboard sheets that I had laying around. TIP: save all chipboard packaging from 12x12 paper packs and other products for using in your Big Shot! So cool! Especially with these bigger dies.
I made these boxes while coming up with teacher gift ideas. I like to make things for a number of reasons... because that's what I do first of all. But it also saves money and I hope to only give gifts that can be used or eventually discarded without causing any guilt. I know teachers get a ton of crap they don't really need. I hope you don't feel that these fall into that category.

I think tonight me and the kiddos will make some yummy chocolate treats to go inside. Maybe I'll even take some pictures and post a recipe tomorrow... we'll see, lots to do this time of year!

So what do you think? I made them non-holiday colors so they could be used on a desk or throughout the year if preferred.
Do you own a Big Shot? Make sure to check out the 12 days of Christmas sale at SU! Lots of good deals on Big Shot dies and accessories!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies:
Big Shot, Top Note die, Daisies #2 die, print pattern papers from old retired 6x6 hostess packs, corduroy buttons (Basic Gray and Summer Sun)
ETA: Tutorial linked HERE... sorry I forgot that the first time.

3 comments:

  1. AND.... I love these too. There is no way someone would think this was worthy of tossing away. great job with these. love those daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 17 year former teacher, I deem these definate keepers! Just think of all the wonderful things that can be put in there and they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable - and practical! Is there a tutorial? I get the top note on the top and bottom...but how is the box made?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)