Thursday, December 9, 2010

Poinsettia Cardinal Christmas

Good morning!  I'm back with a lovely sketch from Mojo Monday today.  I just loved this sketch and actually did two cards with it.  I haven't photo'd the second one yet, so that will have to wait.  Here is the first one I did.  I'd gotten my A Flower for All Seasons stamp set out recently because I realized it's been awhile since I've used it.  My color combo, which I really like, is Cherry Cobler, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip (which I thought was Early Espresso until it was too late). 
I used the rectangle clearlit with the Big Shot to cut out my potted flowers.  The background is embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  My sentiment is an old hostess set called Holiday Best. 

I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by again today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Holiday Best, A Flower for All Seasons
Colors: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobler, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing folder, Rectangle clearlit, Cherry Cobler seam binding ribbon, Basic Pearls, markers

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the textured background. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow! Kristin. this is so elegant and rich looking. great color combo and texture. you rocked the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! nice to see see something other then Christmas, although I do love them too :D love your blog now following from stampin connection
    hugz n blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..especially loving the pink in there :) Tfs...I'm now following your blog via SC. Please stop by my blog if you get a chance...thanks :)

    http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)