Sunday, August 7, 2011

Flower Garden sympathy

Just had to try out my new Flower Garden embossing folder today!  There have been some complaints about the embossing being on the right side instead of the left side where it is pictured in the catalog, but I must say that doesn't bother me a bit.  I think it is beautiful. 

Here I embossed it first then rubbed over it very gently with a sponge and some Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  I intentionally let the swipe marks show and I like it that way.  Kind of an artistic look I'm hoping for.   
On the inside I used the butterfly stamp from Watercolor Trio as well as a sentiment from Thoughts & Prayers. 

Thanks for stopping by!  That's all I've got for now but hope to be back to stamping again soon. 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Watercolor Trio, Thought & Prayers
Colors: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Champagne Mist shimmer paint, Big Shot, Flower Garden embossing folder, Decorative Label Punch

6 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a fabulous job with the swiping.
    ps - I'm so glad you're back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This one is stunning. I love the swipe marks....soooo cool and a great accent to the card. It really helps make the embossing stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful!! Love those swipe marks too!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #29 with a link back to your blog on 8-14-11. Make sure to stop by and pick up your blog badge for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your card on Tiffany's blog. Great technique and beautiful card. TFS. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this card - love how you added the extra dimension with such a simple technique. Thank you for sharing!
    Smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great sketch look!
    love it
    love it
    love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)