Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fun with punches!

Had a blast today playing with my new Blossom Bouquet triple layer punch!  I had pictured this card in my head and can't believe it came out even remotely as nice as I had hoped.  You just never know if an idea will come to fruition or not.  Thanks to a variety of SU's punches, it wasn't hard at all.  In addition to that new Blossom Bouquet punch I also used:  Spring Flower Bouquet punch (retired) and the Itty Bitty punches.  I layered these plus a few pearls and the narrow Daffodil Delight ribbon on top of a partial Top Note and called it complete! 

The color scheme here is from this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge (I'm beyond exstatic to be back to stamping and enjoying fabulous challenges) to use Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo and Lucky Limeade.  I also used many "itty bitty flowers" which is just what is on tap for the Splitcoast Ways to Use it challenge for Friday. 

I hope you'll enjoy the inside as well.  I'm on a roll completing both outside and insides! 

Thanks for stopping by again!  Be sure to visit again tomorrow for yet another card this time featuring a certain new embossing folder.  ;) 

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  In My Thoughts (retired)
Colors: Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Whisper White
Accessories:  punches- Blossom Bouquet triple layer, Spring Flowers, Itty Bitty punch pack; Basic pearls, Top Note die, Big Shot, Narrow Daffodil Delight ribbon

14 comments:

  1. very pretty! This will be on my punch inspiration blog post today. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the punched flowers! This is a very pretty card - perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, prety card. You really inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. The colors are wonderful together. Love all the flowers. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - gorgeous card. Love the colours and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin! I ADORE this card! Fantastic use of the punches love how the flowers look as if they're tumbling across the card. Absolutely fabulous! Love the trailing ribbon too and the scattered pearls. You make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gotta add this to my punch inspiration favorites...
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the "clean" look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow so pretty....what a lovely colour combo.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely...been praying for you and your family...tfs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that you are doing up the insides! BUT those flowers on the front....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristin,
    Just love this card using the new color cardstock and new punch. I just bought the punch and will use it for this card. Just found your blog through Mary Fish,
    Thanks for the beautiful card!!!!
    Maureen Wheatley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - love how you used all the pieces from the Bouquet punch - simply striking!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaaa! OMG Love the colours and this ribbon! amazing !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)