Friday, December 2, 2011

A few Christmas cards

Why do I do this?  I finally sat down to make some cards a few weeks back but didn't write down the sketch challenge I was using.  Oh well, it's been so long ago now it doesn't matter, but I'd at least like to show you the sketch.  Maybe with these two versions you'll get the idea!  I had many more in my mind but those didn't happen- not enough time in a day.  These both put to use the old Felt Flurries that SU offered a few years ago.  I had some of the bigger ones left and thought I'd use them up (still have some left!)  This first card is Ol Olive, Soft Suede and the snowflake is Riding Hood Red. 

This one is Sahara Sand, Vanilla, Old Olive (ribbon) and the Riding Hood Red snowflake.  And YES, my sentiment is crooked.  That's what happens when you are suddenly rushed to finish a card.  Didn't take the time to use my Stamp-a-Majig like I usually do. 

So I hope you are having better luck with your holiday shopping and decorating than I am.  I am totally behind and frustrated about now!  Our high school football season just ended this past weekend (our beloved Cats lost a very hard fought game in the State Finals 42-48) so that has put everything on the backburner until now.  Yikes! 

Anyway, I am already thinking ahead to January and planning a Birthday Card class for possibly January 27th.  Pencil it in on your calendar if you are interested (you locals lurkers) then watch for more details after the new year. 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)