Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recycled Art


Just for future reference, if you are ever in need of a last minute Valentine box this little number took us about an hour probably.  Dug through the recycling, found this giant plastic cheese puff container from my son's birthday party in January and added some patterened paper, some ribbon and a little bling.  Voila!  Bonus:  matching crinkled paper strips for gift boxes that was had laying around just happened to match!  

 Had to have her name on it so it wrapped around the other side.  Letters courtesy of the Cricut. 

Here is one of the layouts I completed in January.  I've since done about 3-4 more so that's what you'll be seeing next probably.  Kept this one pretty clean and simple mostly because of lack of MOJO and inspiration, and a number of pictures to fit in.  My journaling isn't all that exciting so I won't bother retyping it, but the note on the red piece is kind of funny.  This was my dad's birthday present and he kept teasing my son asking him what it was, who repeatedly said "I'm not tellin' Papa, it's a surprise!".  However, my then 2.5 year old daughter blurts out "It's a gun! It's a gun!"  LOL!!  We've not trusted her with many surprises since then.  :)

Cardstock, label die (in red) and embossing folder for texture on trees is all by SU.  Letters and trees cut out with Cricut. 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

1 comment:

  1. love to see you using that cricut! how fun. AND your layout is wonderful. love that pop of red in the center.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)